It’s not easy to give a gift to a newborn baby… but what a pleasure to stroll through the stores to offer a funny object or a chewable item of clothing. Click here for baby products.
No big purchases without parental advice
Do you want to give them a big gift? Do not take any risks, contact the parents to discuss it with them, choose the model or in any case the features they wish to have. Go to https://www.petittippi.com/collections/gift-ideas for amazing gift ideas.
The Exchange Ticket… in case
There will always be the risk that another person has already offered the exact same garment in the same size. By default, ask the cashier to add an exchange ticket to the gift.
Do not buy clothes in birth size, 0 or 1 month
Unless you are aware of what future parents need in these sizes, I do not recommend buying small clothes for them because these are clothes that the future parent will buy very early since the baby needs them.
Do not buy shoes
Shoes are only really useful as soon as the child tries to walk (between 1 year and 18 months). However, the shoes must be adapted to the morphology of the baby’s foot. It is therefore a purchase that is best made with the child.
Clothes, yes! But beware of the sizes
Opting for a garment is often the right option. In fact, parents need it so much.
Buy at of 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 18 months or even 2 years of baby’s age! Indeed, even if your gift in 2 years will remain 18 months in a box, the parent will enjoy using it when the time comes and above all you have less risk than someone has already offered them.
Pay attention to the seasons. A child born in January needs summer clothes in size 6 months. Whereas a child born in summer needs winter clothes in 6 months.
Do the math:
- From 3 months from 1 month to 3 months.
- From 6 months from 3 months to 6 months
- From 9 months (uncommon sometimes put directly from 1 year) from 6 months to 9 months
- From 1 year of 9 months to 1 year
- From 18 months from 1 year to 18 months
- From 2 years of 18 months to 2 years
The equipment is often less fun to buy except:
– Meal Sets: spoons, first bowl, plates, first forks and glasses. For plates, the bowl and the soup plate, choosing them passable in the microwave can make life easier for the future parent. Parents need it when they are diversified, between 4 and 6 months.
– Arch for cozy or carrycot (to be offered quickly after birth) in order to occupy the baby during long journeys by car, there are small arches that hang on the handles of the coaches.