When browsing, there is a router that provides a gateway between you and the website you are surfing through. This system or router is called a proxy server. It helps you prevent your browser from cyber attacks, especially when using a private network. It is usually referred to as an intermediary because it is always in between you the end user and the websites you visit when online. When you connect your computer or phone to the Internet, it uses what is called an IP address. This address is somewhat similar to your home or street address. It tells the data coming in where to go and helps to return data too in authenticating the other devices. An example of this proxy server is the IPv4 Proxies.
These proxy servers provide your computer with a layer that helps secure your computer. They set up a firewall that helps protect your PC from internet threats like malware.
With a proxy server, you do not have to worry about the security and safety of your devices.
They can be used to accomplice tasks such as
- Improve the security of your system and server
- Secure your internet activity and prevent people from trying to snoop on them
- Balance your internet traffic and prevent crashes
- Control your website and access to websites
- Save the bandwidth by caching files and./or compressing the incoming traffic when you are surfing the internet.
IPv4, internet protocol version 4 is the fourth revision of the internet protocol. It is widely used in data communications and over different kinds of networks. It will provide you with a connection-less protocol that can be used in pocket-switch layer networks.
The parts of IPv4 include
- The network part indicates and identifies the category of network assigned.
- The host part identifies the type of network used by your system.
- Lastly the subnet number.
The characteristics of an IPv4 address are
- It could be a 32-Bit IP address.
- Could be a numeric address with its bits separated by a dot.
- It contains twelve header fields with a length of twenty.
- It has a unicast, broadcast, and multicast style of address.
- It supports VLSM, which stands for the virtual length subnet mask.
- It uses a post-address resolution protocol.
Advantages of IPv4
- It permits the encryption of security which helps keep privacy intact.
- The network allocation is significant and it has about 85000 practical routers.
- It provides quality service and acts as an economical knowledge transfer.